Blizzard released a brand new BG in BETA a couple of days ago called Eye of the Storm. So a few (2 priests/2 mage) from our guild (Unruly) decided to go check it out.
This movie was made with the sole intention of simply showcasing the new BG.*
*and not so subliminal guild advertisement
Eye of the Storm is mixture of both AB and WSG with even the zerg feeling of AV from time to time.
- 15v15 format levels 60-67
- The winning team is the first team to 2000 points
- There are 4 nodes one in each corner of the map and a flag that spawns in the center
- You must occupy a node with more players than your opponent in order to cap it. Once capped the team begins receiving points in an AB fashion
- The flag that spawns in the middle has a 10 second cast time, this leads to epic battles to see who can control the middle
- Once picked up the flag can only be returned to a node your team controls, if a flag is dropped it can be picked up instant
- New scoreboard includes dmg/heal meters (yay for promoting teamwork /sarcasm)
Overall the BG is pretty fun. Looks like it should make for strategic games between organized groups. I think they might have to make a few changes to the scoring, I believe flag caps should give more points they only give 75 currently.
The visual surroundings are absolutely amazing. I took sometime just to show off the sky ;P I was in awe.
*** Added an unedited version of an entire game with music added